The Fifth Annual
East Coast Wahine Championships
August 11-12, 2001
The Fifth Annual East Coast Wahine Championships were held August 11-12th, at the Ft. Fisher State Recreation in Kure Beach, NC. Surf was two to three feet with a southwest wind. We’d like to thank the State Park system for the venue, the Wrightsville Beach Longboard Association and the SNC/ESA for the equipment and judges, all our volunteers, and our kickin’ sponsors who make this the most awesome women’s surf contest on the East Coast!!
Check out the contest photos, taken by Ken Blevins
View the Contest Results
Wanna see more Photos? By Kim Stokes
Even more photos (click on page 3) by John Sutton
Swell.com gives the wahines some love!
Wilmington Star News coverage
Extreme Wipeouts.com coverage
If you’d like to learn about thehistory behind the ECWC.
Well wahines, we did it again this year. Paula and I would like to thank each and every one of you for making the trek to southeastern North Carolina.
A special thanks to our sponsors!
Hope to see you in 2002!
View more photos >
- Contest Rules and Recommendations
- 2001 East Coast Wahine
- 2002 East Coast Wahine
- 2003 East Coast Wahine
- 2004 East Coast Wahine
- 2005 East Coast Wahine
- 2006 East Coast Wahine
- 2007 East Coast Wahine
- 2008 East Coast Wahine
- 2009 East Coast Wahine Championships
- 2010 East Coast Wahine
- 2011 East Coast Wahine
- Pro News
- East Coast Wahine Championships, a fond memory
- ocean on East Coast Wahine Championships, a fond memory
- | Sage Island Interactive Marketing Blog on 2011 Contest Results for 15th Annual East Coast Wahine Championships
- natalie on 2011 Contest Results for 15th Annual East Coast Wahine Championships
- Perng Chen on 2011 Contest Results for 15th Annual East Coast Wahine Championships
- fro on 2011 East Coast Wahine